The versatile, full-featured Epson Expression® Premium XP-800 Small-in-One™ delivers brilliant photos, sharp text, and two-sided printing, copying and scanning — all in a space-saving design. Its intuitive 3.5" touchscreen with gesture navigation allows easy setup and operation, as well as convenient PC-free printing utilizing built-in card slots. In addition, the XP-800 is always ready to print with a dedicated photo tray and an auto-extend output tray. It also saves valuable time with a 30-page Automatic Document Feeder to copy, scan or fax stacks of originals, leaving more time for creative projects such as printing directly onto CDs and DVDs or handling card stock, envelopes and other specialty media through the rear paper feed.1 Plus, the XP-800 has built-in wireless2 and Ethernet networking so multiple users to print from any room in the house, even with a smartphone, iPad® or tablet with EPSON Connect™.3 The XP-800 also includes Apple® AirPrint™ and Google Cloud Print™ support.
Estimated Street Price: $279.99
Availability: October 2012
Innovative and Intuitive Technology
- Superior performance in a space-saving, Small-in-One design
- 15.4” x 13.3” x 7.5” (W x D x H) in storage; 21.5 lbs.
- Convenient 3.5” touch screen with gesture navigation for easy operation; preview, edit and print photos without a computer
- Output tray automatically extends when user hits print from PC, Mac, tablet, or smartphone; also works with remote printing
- Two individual paper trays — standard tray and dedicated photo tray for 4"x6" and 5"x7" photo paper
Built-in Wireless and Ethernet Networking
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED n networking for better coverage
- Print, scan and access memory card slots from any room in the house
- Ethernet port for wired networking
- WiFi Direct™ for convenient wireless printing
Convenient Mobile Printing with EPSON Connect
EPSON Connect makes it easy to print and scan from anywhere with your iPad, iPhone, tablet, smartphone, and more. It is comprised of three, free solutions — Email Print, EPSON iPrint™ mobile app, and Remote Print — to address the printing and scanning needs of busy, mobile users whether at home, in the office or on the go. EPSON Connect enabled printers also support Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print.
- Remote Print – Print from a computer or laptop to an EPSON email-enabled printer using any Windows® software to streamline productivity without worrying about formatting or fonts
- Email Print – Send documents and photos directly to an Epson printer’s unique e-mail address to easily print from a smartphone or other mobile device
- Epson iPrint™ – Print web pages, Microsoft Office documents, photos, and PDFs over a wireless network anytime with this free app; also scan and save files on your device, send it as an e-mail or upload it to a cloud service such as Box.net, Dropbox, Evernote®, or Google Docs™
- Apple AirPrint – Print emails, photos, web pages, and documents from an iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®; no software, drivers or cables to connect
- Google Cloud Print™ – Print from an Android smartphone or tablet with a Gmail or Google Docs account and other supported apps; also print from Chromebooks and the Google Chrome browser
Superior Print Quality Smart Ink System
- Claria® Premium 5-ink system with dye and pigment black for vivid, professional-quality photos and sharp text
- Smudge, scratch and water-resistant prints to immediately share photos or archive documents4
- Convenient individual ink cartridges to replace only the color needed
- Standard and high-capacity (XL) black and color ink cartridges accommodate various printing needs at an affordable price5
- High-capacity cartridges deliver up to 50 percent more prints5
Photo Enhancement Tools
- Built-in Auto Photo Correction automatically evaluates and corrects images
- Easily brings old, faded photos back to life with convenient color restoration
- Automatically removes red eye
- Standalone BorderFree® photo printing in popular sizes and layouts, including 2-up, 4-up, 8-up or 20-up on a page
Advanced MicroPiezo® Printing Technology
- Advanced MicroPiezo® print head technology ensures sharp, accurate ink placement, while optimizing print speeds
- With “smart” nozzles, this powerful technology delivers droplets in as many as five sizes, some as small as 1.5 picoliters, ensuring remarkable precision, sharper detail and outstanding image quality – every print, every time
- Epson’s advanced MicroPiezo technology used in the Expression Premium series is the same technology featured in wide format printers used by professional photographers
High Performance Productivity Features
- 30-page Automatic Document Feeder quickly copies, scans or faxes stacks of documents
- Full-featured black-and-white or color document faxing in as fast as three seconds per page
- Send faxes directly from the computer6
- Up to 180-page memory
- Stores up to 60 numbers with convenient speed dial list
- High-quality 4800 dpi scanning precisely captures photos, documents and more; saves scans as JPEGs or PDFs, with or without a computer
- ISO print speeds of 12 ISO ppm black and 11 ISO ppm color single-sided; 5.2 ISO ppm black and 4.9 ISO ppm color double-sided7
- Utilize specialty media, such as card stock, envelopes and labels, with the rear paper feed
- Design and print elegant note paper and invitations
- Print custom designs directly onto ink jet printable CDs/DVDs
- Easily save up to 50 percent of paper with automatic two-sided printing and copying
- Supports printing on recycled paper
- Designed to be recycled8
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- RoHS compliant
- Epson America, Inc. is a SmartWaySM Transport Partner9
Software and Support Included Software
- Epson Print CD software for custom CDs and DVDs
- Epson Scan software provides complete control of scanning capabilities
- ABBYY FineReader turns scans, PDFs and digital photos into searchable and editable documents
- PC-Fax sends faxes directly from the computer
Protection You Can Count On
- One-year limited warranty and free lifetime phone support10
- Quick and convenient product exchange program
Windows and Mac Compatibility
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista™, Windows XP, Windows XP Professional x64
- Macintosh®: OS X 10.3.9, 10.4.11, 10.5.8, 10.6.x, 10.7.x, and 10.8.x
# # #
Specifications are subject to change without notice. EPSON, MicroPiezo, Claria, and Expression are registered trademarks, Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark, and EPSON Connect, EPSON iPrint and Better Products for a Better Future are trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. BorderFree is a registered trademark, and Small-in-One is a trademark of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
1Specialty paper support accommodated through rear paper feed, maximum23 mil paper thickness, manual 2-sided printing only.
2Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n certified; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Visit www.wi-fi.org/files/11nbasics_glossary.pdf for more information.
3See www.epson.com/mobileprinting for a list of supported/compatible devices and apps.
4Smudge, scratch, water, and fade resistant on EPSON photo papers. For CDs/DVDs, resistant only on specially-treated discs.
5Cartridge yields are based on continuous printing of a suite of five black and color pages as required by ISO/ IEC 24711 and 24712. Actual yields will vary considerably for reasons including images printed, print settings, temperature and humidity. Yields may be lower when printing infrequently or predominantly with one ink color. A variable amount of ink remains in the cartridges after the “replace cartridge” signal. Part of the ink from the first cartridges is used for priming the all-in-one. Ink is used for both printing and print head maintenance. All inks are used for both black and color printing. For more information about yields for this all-in-one, see www.epson.com/cartridgeinfo.
6Some applications and/or functions may not be supported by Mac®
7ISO ppm is based on the new international standard for measuring print speed. Black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-side mode, in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print items will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for details, including complete ISO reports.
8See our website for convenient and reasonable recycling options at www.epson.com/recycle.
9SmartWay is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency.
10Epson provides phone support, without charge, for the life of the product. Telephone toll charges may apply.