MEDIA ALERT: LONG BEACH, Calif. – June 22, 2017
Who: Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide, will be demonstrating two new ultra short-throw laser displays for K-12 education at ISTE 2017 in San Antonio, Texas from June 26-28 at Epson’s booth, #818. The BrightLink® 710Ui and PowerLite® 700U ultra short-throw laser displays leverage Epson’s proprietary 3LCD technology and integrated laser light source to deliver spectacular image quality, durability and reliability. In addition, the BrightLink 710Ui is the world’s first 3LCD interactive laser projector.
What: Epson is continuing to build on its innovative laser features to connect people and technology with solutions for creative ideas, displays and collaboration, and is now offering these displays to the education market. Laser illumination delivers on what educators have been asking for: no lamps to replace, up to 20,000 hours1 of virtually maintenance free operation and big, bright, colorful images.
Epson laser projectors and displays offer vibrant images with incredibly precise detail, easy set-up, and are backed by 25 years of 3LCD road-tested reliability. Epson’s new K-12 display solutions at ISTE include:
- BrightLink 710Ui – As the world’s first 3LCD interactive laser projector, the BrightLink 710Ui converges technology, teachers, students, and their ideas into one seamless digital experience, resulting in a truly collaborative learning environment. The new laser display is perfect for the type of large format viewing that takes place in classrooms by delivering a large, bright, 100-inch image, up to 20,000 hours1 of laser light source for a low maintenance high-quality solution that is backed by 25 years of 3LCD road-tested reliability, and Instant Off®. Offering 4,000 lumens of color and 4,000 lumens of white brightness2 with a Full HD WUXGA display for crisp images even in well-lit classrooms, built-in pen/touch interactivity, and multi-platform connectivity options, the 710Ui is the ultimate interactive display for the modern, collaborative classroom. The BrightLink 710Ui also works with popular software used in classrooms today and includes a one-year subscription to SMART Notebook®.
- PowerLite 700U – This ultra short-throw 3LCD laser display inspires creativity with stunning color and up to a 130-inch image in portrait or landscape mode with native WUXGA Full HD resolution for vibrant images. With 4,000 lumens of white brightness and 4,000 lumens of color brightness2, the PowerLite 700U delivers sharpness and unmatched image quality, even in well-lit environments. Diverse connectivity options, remote management and control tools for ease of access and maintenance, 360-degree placement capabilities, and a dynamic contrast ratio of up to 2,500,000:1, are all included, making it ideal for break rooms, conference rooms, classrooms, and areas where longevity and image quality combined make a difference.
When: The ISTE Expo is open:
- Monday, June 26 – 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 27 – 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 28 – 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio, Texas
Epson Booth #818
About ISTE Show
The ISTE Conference and Expo is recognized globally as the most comprehensive educational technology conference in the world. For more than three decades, educators and education leaders have gathered at the ISTE conference to engage in hands-on learning, exchange ideas and network with like-minded thinkers seeking to transform learning and teaching.
The annual event attracts over 18,000 attendees and industry representatives, including teachers, technology coordinators, administrators, library media specialists, teacher educators and policymakers. Attendees also enjoy world-class keynotes, hundreds of sessions in a variety of formats and a massive expo hall.
To learn more, visit: http://news.epson.com/news/epson-drives-display-innovation-expansion
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 72,000 employees in 88 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica
# # #
1 20,000 hours is the estimated projector life when used in Normal Mode. Actual hours may vary depending on mode and usage environment. The new BrightLink and PowerLite projectors come with a three-year limited warranty.
2 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
Note: Epson, Instant Off, and PowerLite are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. BrightLink is a registered trademark of Epson America, Inc. All other product names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.