Who: Epson, a leader in the digital label and packaging industry, will be showcasing its leading ColorWorks® on-demand, desktop color label printing solutions for fresh food and natural products, as well as providing sample labels created using the SurePress® digital label presses, at Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, Calif. in booth #3177.
What: During Natural Products Expo West, Epson will be demonstrating how its ColorWorks desktop inkjet label printers deliver high-quality custom food and beverage and natural products labels on-demand to reduce costs and waste associated with pre-printed labels, bringing flexibility to co-packing operations. Samples printed from Epson’s SurePress digital label and flexible packaging presses will also be available at the booth, highlighting its expanded packaging applications using water-based ink, including shrink and in-mold label, flexible packaging and thin film for foods.
Epson’s partners will also be represented at the booth, including BarTender® by Seagull Scientific, D.P.R., LabelMill, and TEKLYNX. Attendees will have the chance to learn how Epson color label printers coupled with partner solutions – from label finishing systems and applicators to barcode label software – are simplifying and streamlining the production and application processes, as well as traceability for high-volume color labels in the natural products industry.
The full suite of Epson ColorWorks solutions for the food and beverage and natural product industries will be showcased, including:
- ColorWorks C3500 – With speeds up to four inches per second,1 the C3500 inkjet label printer can produce high-quality full color labels at an affordable price, helping to reduce label costs with lower label inventories and reduced waste, and increase operational efficiencies.
- ColorWorks C7500GE – Built for reliable, high-quality performance, the C7500GE offers advanced on-demand, durable, full-color glossy and customized label printing with spot color matching at a low cost per label and a quick turnaround time for demanding, high-volume environments.
- ColorWorks C6000 Series – The first printers specifically designed as a color upgrade to black-only thermal transfer printers,2 the newest ColorWorks models deliver high-volume color labels for production use, speeding through labels at up to 5-inches per second.3 The C6500P and C6000P are the first ever color inkjet printers to support peel-and-present capabilities for fast hand or automated label application,4 and the C6500A and C6000A include an auto cutter to create variable length labels and enable easy job separation.
Samples from the SurePress digital label presses, which deliver high-quality labels with flexibility and accurate color reproduction, will also be showcased at the event:
- SurePress L-6534VW – Epson's single-pass industrial press uses Epson’s PrecisionCore® linehead technology and low migration LED UV curing ink, enabling high-speed printing ideal for producing labels designed for scratch and weather resistance. The L-6534VW integrates functions required for label production, including a Corona Treater, White ink, digital varnish, an additional UV curing unit, and automated maintenance and print head monitoring.
- SurePress L-4533AW – This seven-color digital label press with White ink delivers remarkable color gamut for accurate spot colors and gradients for brand-quality color prime labels and packaging. The L-4533AW is a low-cost, turnkey solution.
When: The conference runs from Thursday, March 4 through Saturday, March 6 and Hall C is open:
- Thursday, March 4 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, March 5 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 6 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, Calif.; Epson America, Inc. booth #3177 in Hall C.
Why: Developed by one of the largest label printer manufacturers in the labeling and packaging industry, Epson’s ColorWorks on-demand inkjet label printers and SurePress digital label presses provide high-quality production labels for a wide range of full-color labeling applications. Epson’s color label printing solutions are ideal for co-packers in the food and beverage industry looking to provide labeling and flexible packaging services for customers with a low total cost of ownership while offering fast-drying and durable food labels. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/label-printers.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to becoming indispensable to society by connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. The company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics, and is underpinned by original microdevices. Epson is proud of its contributions to realizing a sustainable society and its ongoing efforts to realizing the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson Group generates annual sales of more than U.S. $10 billion.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
# # #
1 When printing 2.2-inches (56mm) width bidirectional mode, with banding reduction disabled in 360x360 dpi resolution.
2 The CW-C6000/C6500 family is the first to bring to market the combination of features of direct ZPL II printing, peel-and-present, remote printer management, companion four- and eight-inch models, applicator I/O interface, broad middleware support, and comparable price points.
3 Printing in Max Speed Mode, 300 x 600 dpi, 3.6” (92 mm) print width.
4 Compared to color inkjet label printers available in the U.S. and Canada as of July 2019.
EPSON, ColorWorks, PrecisionCore, and SurePress are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2020 Epson America, Inc.