NEW YORK (Epson Digital Couture Project) – Feb. 6, 2018 – Today at its annual Digital Couture Project fashion and technology showcase, Epson America introduced a new microsite – “Epson Brings Technology & Fashion Together” – dedicated to connecting digital fabric printing technology and solutions to fashion designers and entrepreneurs. The new site provides fashion designers with an informative digital fabric printing destination, offering solution-based guidance for a range of digital fabric printing applications including, dye-sublimation, direct-to-garment, and direct-to-fabric printing on a variety of fabrics. The “Epson Brings Technology & Fashion Together” microsite also connects fashion designers directly to digital fabric printers to help advance the integration of digital fabric printing technology in today’s design workflows.
“Digital printing technology has changed every industry it’s touched, and now it’s revolutionizing the fashion industry by offering fashion designers amazing new ways to produce their designs on a range of fabrics,” said Mark Radogna, Strategic Marketing, Epson America, Inc. “The digital fabric printing market is evolving quickly, and as the leader in this innovative new product segment, Epson is taking the lead to help educate fashion designers about the benefits of this emerging technology.”
For fashion designers, Epson digital fabric printing technology provides many benefits over traditional methods of printing fabrics for fashion design.
- Brilliant Image Quality – Printing fabrics digitally produces high quality prints with virtually unlimited color and design options.
- Reliable Performance – In most cases, a digital textile printer can print designs on the same fabrics that designers typically screen print to in as little as seven working days, compared to weeks or even months.
- Design Without Limits – When printing fabrics digitally, design choices are virtually unlimited – nearly anything that can be designed on a computer can be printed onto fabrics.
- Print on Virtually Any Fabric Type – Epson has a digital fabric printing solution for virtually any fabric type – from polyesters and blends to natural fibers such as silks, cotton, linen, wool, and rayon.
- Better for the Environment – Digital fabric printing provides significant reductions in both water and electricity consumption when compared to traditional methods of fabric printing. For many fabric printers, digital fabric printing can reduce water use by up to 90 percent and electrical usage by up to 30 percent.
- Affordable, Scalable Solution – Digital fabric printing offers an excellent performance-to-price ratio with reliable productivity to meet your business needs.
The “Epson Brings Technology & Fashion Together” website is available at epson.com/fashion. For additional information about Epson’s line of digital fabric printers, including the new Epson SureColor® F9370 dye-sublimation printer and Epson SureColor F2100 direct-to-garment printer, visit Epson’s website.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 80,000 employees in 86 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
# # #
EPSON and SureColor are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2018 Epson America, Inc.