LONG BEACH, Calif. – Sept. 30, 2014 – Epson America today announced the Epson® LabelWorks™ LW-700, a portable and USB-connectable label printer, designed to offer durable labels for file folder organization, electrical and datacom cabling, and other facility maintenance applications. With easy-to-use functions, the LW-700 is the ideal label printer for creating labels using a computer or as a handheld label maker while on the go.
The LabelWorks LW-700 enables users to:
- Create professional-looking file folder labels with Epson’s unique 24mm tab tape
- Conveniently print labels for cable and wiring with 24mm cable wrap tape
- Print a wide variety of different types of labels on tape widths of 6mm (~1/4”), 9mm (~3/8”), 12mm (~1/2”), 18mm (~3/4”) or 24mm (~1”)
- Save time and money on unnecessary printing thanks to the print-preview screen and auto cutter features
- Import original logos, fonts and other graphics into the Epson Label Editor software for Windows or Mac
- Customize labels using a wide variety of frames, symbols, barcodes and images
- Import your address book to print mailing labels (Windows only)
- Manage equipment and cables using text and barcodes
- Print QR codes to link to online content
When the LW-700 is connected to a Windows or Mac computer, the Epson Label Editor software allows users to create and format labels in almost any way they wish. Pre-loaded templates mean professional-looking labels can be created easily or users always have the choice to create their own label designs.
Users can also unplug the LW-700 and use it as a handheld, AA battery-operated portable label maker. With its embedded keyboard, dedicated access keys and convenient carrying handle, everything needed to create labels on the go is right at users’ fingertips.
“Adding a convenient, USB-connectable label printer to our growing line of LabelWorks products allows us to provide a versatile and portable solution for our business customers’ labeling needs,” said Anna Jen, director, New Ventures/New Products for Epson America. “The LabelWorks LW-700 printer plus our wide range of tape options further establish Epson as the go-to company for any and all label printing needs.”
The LabelWorks LW-700 with USB cable, AC adapter, Epson Label Editor software and 12mm sample tape included in-box is available now at an MSRP of $99.99 from Epson.com and Amazon.com.
For complete LabelWorks LW-700 specifications and additional information, visit www.epson.com/labelworks.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and 3LCD projectors to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.epson.com.
# # #
Note: Specifications are subject to change without notice. EPSON is a registered trademark and LabelWorks is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.