LONG BEACH, Calif. – Aug. 27, 2013 – Epson America, Inc. today expanded its award-winning lineup of home entertainment projectors with the addition of the Epson® PowerLite® Home Cinema 2030, delivering full 1080p cinematic performance in both high quality 2D and thrilling 3D straight to the comforts of a living room at a great overall value. The Home Cinema 2030 offers families and home theater enthusiasts an amazing, larger-than-life HD experience with bright and vibrant image quality virtually anywhere, plus a new MHL-enabled HDMI port1 that transforms the projector into a smart display with the use of MHL-supported devices, including a range of Android™ phones and tablets, and the Roku® Streaming Stick.
“We are very excited to release Epson’s most compact 1080p projector under $1,000, offering customers not only impressive image quality in both 2D and 3D but at a great price,” said Jason Palmer, marketing manager, Epson America. “This is Epson’s first-ever MHL-enabled home cinema projector, giving users the ability to instantly access their favorite HD content from an MHL-supported device – you can easily stream Netflix from a Roku stick and watch the latest blockbuster movie on the big screen for the ultimate entertainment at home on the big screen.”
The newly designed Home Cinema 2030 is compact and sleek and comes equipped with an MHL-enabled HDMI port providing instant access to the latest movies, TV shows, live sporting events, and videogames from MHL-supported devices1. In addition, the projector features built-in sound with the capability to add speakers, enabling users to enhance any movie experience.
Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness (color light output), and Epson projectors have up to 3x Brighter Colors than leading competitive projectors2. Delivering 2,000 lumens of color brightness and 2,000 lumens of white brightness3, the Home Cinema 2030 uses 3LCD, 3-chip technology for brilliant images with true-to-life color. The projector features six pre-set color modes, allowing users to play their favorite video games or watch their favorite TV programs just about anywhere – whether you are playing video games in the man cave or watching TV in a well-lit room.
More about the Home Cinema 2030
The Home Cinema 2030 is housed in a white, compact design and offers several features designed to meet a range of home entertainment needs, including:
- 3LCD Quality and Reliability: 3LCD, 3-chip technology delivers incredible color, amazing detail and road-test reliability with no possibility of color break-up or “rainbow effect”
- Bright 3D Drive Technology: Minimizes the blackout time of 3D glasses and provides greater brightness of 3D images
- MHL Supported: Supports Full HD 1080p video and 7.1 audio and enables users to simultaneously charge their MHL-enabled device when it’s plugged into the projector and use the projector remote to control MHL-enabled devices1
- Built-in Color Modes: Features six color modes optimized for different content and settings to get best possible quality and color
- Built-in Sound: Internal speaker allows for quick easy set-up virtually anywhere and audio out allows for easy connection of larger sound when needed
- Easy Setup and Installation:1.2x optical zoom for positioning flexibility, automatic vertical keystone (+/- 30 degrees) correction and easy-slide horizontal correction
- Versatile Connectivity: Two HDMI inputs (one MHL-enabled), Component Video, USB Type A digital connection, and USB 2.0 to share photos and slideshows
- Rechargeable RF Glasses: Watch up to 40 hours of exciting 3D content, or up to three hours with a three-minute quick charge,4 with glasses sold separately
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 2030 ($999 MSRP) will be available in early September through select retailers nationwide and the Epson online store. The projector comes with Epson’s top-of-the-line service and support, including a two-year limited warranty with toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine® priority technical support, 90-day limited lamp warranty, and free two-business-day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service.
Epson is a global innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and printing systems, 3LCD projectors and industrial robots to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 68,000 employees in 96 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and (http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
# # #
Note: EPSON, E-TORL and PowerLite are registered trademarks, and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PrivateLine is registered trademark and Extra Care is a service mark of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
1Includes one Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) HDMI port
2 Compared to leading 1-chip DLP Home Entertainment Projectors. Epson 720p projectors are 3x Brighter; Epson 1080p projectors are consistently 2x and up to 3x Brighter. Based on NPD data, July 2011 through June 2012. Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions.
3 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118
4 Battery life varies based on usage conditions.