NEW YORK (PhotoPlus Expo 2014 Booth #701) – Oct. 30, 2014 – Epson America today introduced two new photo scanners – the Epson® Perfection® V800 Photo and Epson Perfection V850 Pro. Building on the success of its award-winning scanner line, the V800 Photo and V850 Pro are advanced scanning solutions that consistently deliver precise color and detail for film and photo archiving and reproductions. Featuring 4800 x 6400 dpi optical resolution1 with a 4.0 Dmax optical density and Epson’s exclusive Dual Lens scanning system, both models are powerful performers for advanced amateur and professional photographers.
“Epson has incorporated everything it has learned on how to scan the perfect image into these scanners,” said Mark Pickard, senior product manager, Scanners, Epson America, Inc. “The result is an advanced level of quality and performance for photographers and graphic designers to digitize portfolios and create unparalleled photo reproductions and other film applications easily and affordably in-house.”
The Perfection V800 Photo and V850 Pro deliver unsurpassed quality, speed and productivity across a range of positive and negative film formats – from 35 mm slides and film strips to medium format 6 x 20 cm and 4” x 5”. Featuring the energy efficient ReadyScan™ LED light source, the scanners use 23 percent less power and offer faster scans with no warm-up time required. In addition, newly designed film holders feature sturdier frames for more consistent scans, three height adjustment levels for greater control and include an anti-Newton ring plate for improved scan quality. For increased productivity and to minimize retouching costs, both scanners feature Digital ICE™ technology to automatically remove defects such as dust, scratches and creases from films, slides and photos.
The flagship Perfection V850 Pro adds High Pass Optics with anti-reflection optical coatings and a high-reflection mirror to improve image quality and performance while delivering up to 33 percent faster scans. The Pro model is also equipped with two sets of film holders, allowing users to prepare for the next scan while the first batch is scanning.
Additional V800 Photo and V850 Pro features include:
- High Optical Density (4.0 DMax): Smooth gradations and fine shadow detail offer remarkable tonal range and highly accurate tone reproduction.
- Exclusive Dual Lens System®: Optimize each scan with this system, which automatically selects from two lenses for the desired scan resolution. The High Resolution Mode is used to achieve 4800 dpi (reflective 8.5” x 11”, transparency 8” x10”) and Super Resolution Lens Mode is used for 6400 dpi (film scanning).
- Advanced Film Scanning: Quickly scan slide-packs and negative strips into printable contact sheets with the 8” x10” transparency adapter.
- Robust Software Bundle:
- Epson Scan with Easy Photo Fix® restores faded color photos back to their original brilliance.
- LaserSoft Imaging® SilverFast® SE Version 8 (V800 Photo) and SE Plus Version 8 (V850 Pro) controls highlights and shadows, gradations, selective and global color sharpening, and de-screening.
- X-rite i1® Profiler (V850 Pro only) creates custom profiles with included transparent and reflective IT8 targets.
- Epson Copy Utility copies documents and photos with ease.
- Fluid Mount Accessory: Optional add-on accessory ($59 MSRP) to hide scratches and reduce grain from black-and-white negatives.
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Perfection V800 Photo (MSRP $739) and Epson Perfection V850 Pro (MSRP $949) will be available in November at a range of photography equipment suppliers and online at www.epson.com. Both scanners come with Epson’s top-of-the-line service and support, including a one-year limited warranty.
Epson is a global innovation leader dedicated to exceeding expectations with solutions for markets as diverse as the office, home, commerce, and industry. Epson’s lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
# # #
1 Optical resolution is the maximum scan resolution of the CCD elements, using the definition of ISO 14473.
NOTE: EPSON, Easy Photo Fix, Perfection, ReadyScan, and Dual Lens System are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.