MEDIA ALERT: LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. – Oct. 21, 2021
Who: Epson America, Inc. will participate in the upcoming ASSEMBLY Show in Rosemont, Ill., demonstrating its leading robotic and labeling technology solutions in booth #505. Epson will also present at the Learning Theaters on the show floor, leaving attendees with business-ready insights based on Epson’s four decades of experience and leadership in industrial robotics.
What: At the ASSEMBLY Show, attendees will have an opportunity to experience live product demonstrations of Epson’s SCARA robots, 6-Axis robots and integrated solutions and ColorWorks® industrial labeling solutions. Epson’s booth at the show will address the increased demand for automation as companies seek to strengthen their supply chain amid growing labor challenges. Epson’s ASSEMBLY Show participation will include:
- Learning Center Presentation: “Why Automate? Manufacturing Consideration in Today’s ‘New Normal’” – Scott Marsic, group product manager at Epson Robots, will present a session that provides both new and experienced automation professionals with insight on how to advance their manufacturing operations in the new “post-pandemic” normal. Building on the success of the Automation 101 series, this presentation will explore the “how” and “why” of manufacturing from the vantage point of today’s decision maker as they evaluate robotics and manufacturing within their business. During the session, Marsic will discuss changes to customer pain points, onshoring and near-shoring impacts, market trends, and top mistakes to avoid.
- Hands-on Epson RC+® Express Demonstration – Epson will demonstrate its new no-code, easy-to-use Epson RC+ Express visual development software. Featuring a simple, visual-based teaching environment, Epson RC+ Express is ideal for new users to implement industrial robot solutions quickly and easily, including common pick-and-place, palletizing and depalletizing applications.
The Epson RC+ Express demo also features the award-winning T-Series All-in-One SCARA robot. The T-Series robots come with the intuitive Epson RC+® development software for fast, easy integration, built-in controller, powered hand I/O, and can run on 110 or 220V. With a reach of up to 600mm and 3kg and 6kg payloads, the ultra-low-cost T-Series SCARA robots are available starting at $7,495.
- Next-generation Low Volume, High Mix Systems – The Epson booth will include two demos of its expansive IntelliFlex™ Parts Feeding System. Powered by Epson Robots, Intelliflex Software and Epson Vision Guide, the lineup includes four feeders, IntelliFlex 80, 240, 380, and 530, and can handle a wide variety of parts ranging from 3mm to 150mm with optional anti-roll, anti-stick and medical grade tray configurations. The IntelliFlex Feeding System works with the entire range of Epson SCARA and 6-Axis robots.
The first IntelliFlex demo will show a high-speed parts kitting application with multiple parts and feeders serviced by one robot. Epson will also demonstrate a live pick-and-place application with its larger capacity IntelliFlex 530. The demo will include picking larger injection molded parts and using Epson Vision Guide to determine the part position and orientation.
- Ultra-low Cost 6-Axis Robot with Cleanroom and IP67 Versions – Epson will showcase its award-winning VT6L All-in-One 6-Axis robot, starting at $13,900. This full-featured performer delivers uncompromised value for loading and unloading machining centers, packaging or parts assembly applications. With a reach up to 900mm and payload up to 6kg, the VT6L’s All-in-One design includes a space-saving, built-in controller, Slim Line design and can run on 110 or 220V power for quick, easy setup.
The VT6L is powered by Epson RC+ development software, giving users the required tools to quickly build a wide range of automation systems, from simple to complex. Easy integration tools such as fieldbus slave options and new Add On Instructions are available, as well as Cleanroom (ISO 4) and Protected (IP67) models.
- Color and Barcodes for Part Identification – Epson will also showcase its ColorWorks C6000-Series on-demand label printers, engineered to reliably perform in industrial workflows and designed as a color upgrade to black-only thermal transfer printers.1 Offering label placement flexibility and precision for packaging, Epson’s ColorWorks C6000-Series printers are ideal for part identification, visual management and displaying product pictures on packaging. At the Epson booth, show attendees can speak with an industrial labeling expert to learn how color labels can be used in factory settings on parts bins, work-in-process trays and final product packaging.
When: The ASSEMBLY Show will take place Tuesday, Oct. 26 to Thursday, Oct. 28. The Learning Theater Presentation will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 27 at 11 a.m. CT.
Where: Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, located in Rosemond, Ill.; Epson booth #505
About Epson Robots
Epson Robots is a global leader in PC-controlled precision factory automation, with well over 100,000 units sold worldwide2 and a product line of hundreds of models of easy-to-use SCARA and 6-Axis robots based on a common PC-based platform. Building on a four-decade heritage, Epson Robots delivers solutions for precision assembly and material handling applications in the aerospace, appliance, automotive, biotechnology, consumer product, electronics, food processing, medical device, pharmaceutical, plastics, semiconductor, and telecommunication industries. For more information, visit www.epsonrobots.com
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to co-creating sustainability and enriching communities by leveraging its efficient, compact, and precision technologies and digital technologies to connect people, things, and information. The company is focused on solving societal issues through innovations in home and office printing, commercial and industrial printing, manufacturing, visual and lifestyle. Epson’s goal is to become carbon negative and eliminate use of exhaustible underground resources such as oil and metal by 2050.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson Group generates annual sales of around JPY 1 trillion. global.epson.com/
Epson America, Inc., based in Los Alamitos, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/epsonamerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
# # #
1 The CW-C6000/C6500 family is the first to bring to market the combination of features of direct ZPL II printing, peel-and-present, remote printer management, companion four- and eight-inch models, applicator I/O interface, broad middleware support, and comparable price points.
2 Epson internal sales data through 2019.
EPSON, Epson RC+ and ColorWorks are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. IntelliFlex is a trademark of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2021 Epson America, Inc.