LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. – Aug. 5, 2021 – Epson America Inc. today announced that Keypoint Intelligence, the world’s leading independent provider of testing services and analytical information to the document imaging industry, recognized Epson for its EcoTank® Pro ET-5100 Series in the A4 category for personal or small business printing. Epson also received recognition for its retail and commercial lineup of document scanners for busy workgroups and offices.
“Epson provides reliable and easy, high-performance business technologies for customers and partners,” said Nils Madden, senior marketing director of Desktop Imaging and Printing, Epson America, Inc. “The latest accolades from industry experts BLI solidify our continued efforts to meeting the needs of all types of business and consumer printing and scanning needs.”
BLI Summer 2021 A4 Pick Awards include:
- EcoTank Pro ET-5100 Series (ET-5150 and ET-5170) awarded “Outstanding Personal Color Inkjet All-in-One”
“The Epson EcoTank Pro ET-5100 Series offers strong performance and impressive usability,” said Kaitlin Shaw, Associate Director of A4 Hardware at Keypoint Intelligence. “Its cartridge-free ink tank system includes up to two years of ink guaranteed1 and replacement ink bottles cost less than the average standard-capacity color toner cartridges2 of competitive models. Strong user-friendliness and a low user intervention rate means users will have more time for the most important tasks. Our lab technicians were also impressed with how vivid and consistent the device’s color output was.”
BLI Summer 2021 Scanner Pick Awards include:
- DS-530 II awarded “Outstanding Mid-Volume Workgroup Scanner”
- DS-770 II awarded “Outstanding High-Volume Workgroup Scanner”
- RapidReceipt™ RR-600W awarded “Outstanding Scanner for Accounting”
- RapidReceipt RR-70W awarded “Outstanding Mobile Scanner”
- WorkForce® ES-580W awarded “Outstanding SOHO Scanner”
“Epson’s submissions for our Summer 2021 Award season are outstanding choices for any business’s digital transformation journey,” said Lee Davis, Associate Director of Software/Scanners at Keypoint Intelligence. “We were most impressed with each device’s outstanding workflow automation capabilities. Epson's lineup of scanners can recognize forms, automatically extract OCR and barcode information, and integrate scanned images into cloud services, email, and business software.”
More About Epson’s BLI Summer 2021 Picks:
- EcoTank Pro ET-5100 Series: The EcoTank Pro ET-5170 and EcoTank Pro ET-5150 are compact, entry-level, affordable solutions for users that require high-volume printing. The Series allows businesses to save up to 80 percent with low-cost replacement ink bottles vs. standard capacity color laser toner cartridges,2 equivalent to about two cents per color ISO page versus 14 cents with standard-capacity color laser toner catridges.2
- DS-530 II and DS-770 II: The DS-530 II delivers high-quality scans at speeds up to 35 ppm/70 ipm,3 and features a 50-sheet ADF and a peak daily duty cycle of up to 4,000 pages.4 The DS-770 II delivers scans up to 45 ppm/90 ipm4 and features a robust 100-page ADF and a new peak daily duty cycle of up to 7,000 pages.5 Both scanners include TWAIN and ISIS drivers for easy integration with existing document management software, and come equipped with new paper feed technologies.
- RapidReceipt RR-600W and RapidReceipt RR-70W: RapidReceipt is designed for organizing and managing receipts and invoices. The RR-600W scans as fast as 35 ppm/70 ipm5 and features a robust 100-page ADF accommodating stacks of papers of varying sizes, an intuitive 4.3” touchscreen and convenient USB port for direct scanning to a USB memory drive. The RR-70W mobile scanner is the fastest, smallest and lightest weight wireless mobile single-sheet-fed document scanner in its class6 for on-the-go scanning.
- WorkForce ES-580W: The wireless WorkForce ES-580W scanner helps maximize productivity and allows users to easily scan to a smartphone, tablet or cloud storage accounts7 from a desktop or mobile device using the Epson Smart Panel™ app.8 It features an intuitive 4.3” touchscreen and a 100-sheet ADF so users can breeze through stacks of documents with varying paper types and sizes in one batch.
BLI Picks stand alone in the industry and are hard-earned awards as they are based on rigorous testing, including an extensive durability assessment and evaluation of key attributes such as usability, image quality, and value. Each product that passes its lab test earns the Highly Recommended or Recommended Seal and a Certificate of Reliability, with the best performers qualifying as Pick contenders. BLI Outstanding Achievements acknowledge products or technologies that stand out for attributes such as innovation, usefulness, or value.
For 60 years, clients in the digital imaging industry have relied on Keypoint Intelligence for independent hands-on testing, lab data, and extensive market research to drive their product and sales success. Keypoint Intelligence has been recognized as the industry’s most trusted resource for unbiased information, analysis, and awards due to decades of analyst experience. More information about the Summer 2021 Pick Awards can be found online here: www.keypointintelligence.com/news/awards
The Epson EcoTank Pro ET-5150 ($499.99) and ET-5170 ($549.99), RapidReceipt RR-600W ($499.99) and RR-70W (259.99), and WorkForce ES-580W ($399.99) are now available through major retailers nationwide and on the Epson store (www.epsonstore.com). For more information, please visit www.epson.com.
The DS-530 II (MSRP $399) and DS-770 II (MSRP $649) are available through authorized CaptureProSM resellers. With industry-leading support, Epson commercial document scanners include a 3-year limited warranty with Next-Business-Day Replacement.9 For more information and availability, please visit https://epson.com/document-scanners-for-business.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to becoming indispensable to society by connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. The company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics. Epson is proud of its contributions to realizing a sustainable society and its ongoing efforts to realizing the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson Group generates annual sales of more than JPY 1 trillion. global.epson.com/
Epson America, Inc., based in Los Alamitos, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/epsonamerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
# # #
1 Promo valid for ET-5150, ET-5170, ET-5800, ET-5850, ET-5880, ET-16600 or ET-16650 printers purchased from 3/26/2020 to 9/30/2021. Product must be registered within 30 days of purchase. Limit four 542 ink bottles per claim. Each claim cannot contain multiple bottles of the same color. Retain your empty 532 ink bottle for submission along with rebate form. Promotion applies to ink only. Printer covered by Epson 2-year ltd warranty with registration. For promo participation, you must register your product. See Epson.com/support for details.
2 Actual savings and costs will vary considerably based on print tasks, print volumes and usage conditions. Savings and cost per ISO page are based on the cost of replacement ink bottles and the cost of enough standard-capacity color laser toner cartridges to achieve the total page yields of the ink bottles using the manufacturers' online prices and yields for the best-selling similarly featured color laser printers, available at retail, priced at $999 or less (USD) with speeds of 40 ppm or less per industry-available data as of August 2020 Savings of up to $600 (USD) and cost per ISO page of about $0.09 (USD) for XL-capacity color laser toner cartridges based on the same methodology.
3 Based on letter-sized scans at 300 dpi in Black-and-White, Grayscale or Color Mode, using the USB interface.
4 Peak daily duty cycle is the highest recommended number of scanned sheets per day. For best results, do not exceed the peak daily duty cycle. Calculations based on a scanning speed of 35 ppm and an assumed daily use time.
5 Peak daily duty cycle is the highest recommended number of scanned sheets per day. For best results, do not exceed the peak daily duty cycle. Calculations based on a scanning speed of 45 ppm and an assumed daily use time.
6 As compared to competitive simplex personal mobile single-sheet-feeding document scanners priced under $229 USD in the U.S. and Canada, as of October 2020. Excludes other Epson scanners.
7 Wirelessly scan to smartphones or tablets (Android™/iOS® devices) via the Epson Smart Panel App; wirelessly scan to the cloud, PCs or Macs with Epson ScanSmart® Software installed on the connected Windows PC or Mac.
8 Requires Epson Smart Panel App download. Data usage fees may apply.
9 Subject to limited warranty terms and conditions. Expedited shipping not available in all areas. Road Service orders must be in by 3 p.m. Eastern Time for Next-Business-Day delivery.
EPSON, EcoTank, WorkForce, and Epson ScanSmart are registered trademarks, EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark and Better Products for a Better Future, RapidReceipt and Epson Smart Panel are trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. Mac, macOS and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android and Google Drive are trademarks of Google LLC. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2021 Epson America, Inc.