LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. – May 26, 2021 – Epson America today announced it earned nine prestigious Red Dot 2021 Awards for its EcoTank® cartridge-free Supertank printers, document scanners, and SureColor® desktop photo printers. Organized by the Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen design center, the Red Dot Award is recognized around the world as one of the most esteemed awards in design. Spotlighted for its innovation, high-quality product design, functionality, and durability across a wide variety of markets, Epson won in the Red Dot product design category for the fifth successive year.
“We are honored to be recognized by one of the world’s most renowned design awards for our cutting-edge technology solutions, designed to fit seamlessly in the modern workspace,” said Nils Madden, director of product marketing, Epson America, Inc. “These nine accolades underscore Epson’s innovative capabilities in product design and highlight Epson’s commitment to deliver reliable, high performance products to its customers.”
Epson’s Red Dot 2021 Award wins include:
- Supertank printers: EcoTank Pro ET-16650, ET-16600, ET-5850, ET-5800 and EcoTank ET-15000 earned Red Dot: Best of the Best of the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021
- Large-format document scanners: DS-32000 and DS-30000 earned Red Dot of the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021
- Desktop photo printers: SureColor P900 and SureColor P700 earned Red Dot of the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021
Created in 1955 in Germany, the Red Dot Award is recognized around the world as one of the most prestigious awards in design. A jury of experts evaluates products announced during the past two years and selects the best designs based on nine criteria, including degree of innovation, functionality, ergonomics, ecological compatibility, and durability.
“The winners of the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021 were particularly impressive this year,” said Professor Dr. Peter Zec, founder and CEO of Red Dot. “The design of their products is excellent, in terms of both the aesthetic and the functionality. It’s not easy to prevail in such a strong field of competitors and to win over our jury. Consequently, I want to congratulate the laureates very sincerely on their success.”
More About Epson’s Red Dot 2021 Award Winners:
- EcoTank Pro ET-16650, ET-16600, ET-5850, ET-5800 and EcoTank ET-15000 Cartridge-Free Supertank Printers: Leveraging Epson PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology™, the EcoTank Pro ET-16650, ET-16600, ET-5850, and ET-5800 are designed to provide worry-free, cost-effective printing to small businesses, home offices and workgroups. The EcoTank Pro printers offer fast cartridge-free printing with easy-to-fill supersized ink tanks and business savings up to 80 percent with low-cost replacement ink bottles vs. standard capacity color laser toner cartridges.3 Designed for SOHO printing up to 13” x 19”, the EcoTank ET-15000 delivers vibrant prints and allows users to save up to 90 percent on ink with low-cost replacement bottles – as little as 1 cent per color ISO page vs. 20 cents with ink cartridges.4
- DS-32000 and DS-30000 Large-format Document Scanners: Designed to easily fit in the modern workspace and meet the needs of high-volume, busy offices, the DS-32000 delivers speeds up to 90 ppm1 and the DS-30000 delivers speeds up to 70 ppm.1 With a compact, space-saving footprint and versatile paper support, the DS-32000 and DS-30000 accommodate sheets up to 12” x 17”, folded pages, plastic cards, sealed envelopes, and passports.2 The DS-32000 has a flexible design, providing both vertical and horizontal feed options, as well as easy rotation for convenient storage.
- SureColor P900 and SureColor P700 Desktop Photo Printers: Featuring a sleek, compact design, the 17-inch SureColor P900 and 13-inch SureColor P700 are ideal for exhibition quality prints in photography, graphic design, fine art, and illustration. The printers tout a 10-channel MicroPiezo® AMC™ printhead with dedicated channels for both Photo and Matte Black ink types – no ink switching necessary. The printers feature UltraChrome® PRO10 pigment ink with Violet and support for Advanced Black and White Mode to deliver an extremely wide color gamut and create professional photographs.
The EcoTank Pro ET-16650 ($1129.99 MSRP), EcoTank Pro ET-16600 (MSRP $999.99), EcoTank Pro ET-5850 (MSRP $849.99), EcoTank Pro ET-5800 (MSRP $799.99), and EcoTank ET-15000 (MSRP $599.99) are available through major computer, office and electronic retailers, and on the Epson store (www.epsonstore.com). For more information, visit www.epson.com/ecotank-pro-ink-tank-printers and www.epson.com/ecotank.
The Epson DS-32000 (MSRP $3,799) and DS-30000 (MSRP $2,699) are available through authorized dealers. For information about the CaptureProSM Partner Program, visit www.epson.com/epson-partners-program.
The SureColor P900 (MSRP $1,295) and SureColor P700 (MSRP $799) are available through Epson Authorized Resellers. For more information, visit www.proimaging.epson.com.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to co-creating sustainability and enriching communities by leveraging its efficient, compact, and precision technologies and digital technologies to connect people, things, and information. The company is focused on solving societal issues through innovations in home and office printing, commercial and industrial printing, manufacturing, visual and lifestyle. Epson will become carbon negative and eliminate use of exhaustible underground resources such as oil and metal by 2050.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson Group generates annual sales of around JPY 1 trillion. global.epson.com/
Epson America, Inc., based in Los Alamitos, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/epsonamerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
# # #
1 Based on 300 dpi, A4-size, landscape orientation, black-and-white, color or gray
2 Optional carrier sheet required.
3 Actual savings and costs will vary considerably based on print tasks, print volumes and usage conditions. Savings and cost per ISO page are based on the cost of replacement ink bottles and the cost of enough standard-capacity color laser toner cartridges to achieve the total page yields of the ink bottles using the manufacturers' online prices and yields for the best-selling similarly featured color laser printers, available at retail, priced at $999 or less (USD) with speeds of 40 ppm or less per industry-available data as of July 2019. Savings of up to $600 (USD) and cost per ISO page of about $0.09 (USD) for XL-capacity color laser toner cartridges based on the same methodology.
4 Actual savings and costs will vary considerably based on print tasks, print volumes and usage conditions. Savings and cost per ISO page are based on the cost of replacement ink bottles and the cost of enough standard cartridges to achieve the total page yields of the bottles using the MSRP (USD) and yields for Epson standard-capacity ink cartridges for similarly featured Epson consumer inkjet printers as of February 2019.
EPSON, EcoTank, MicroPiezo, PrecisionCore, SureColor, and UltraChrome are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. AMC and CapturePro are trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2021 Epson America, Inc.