LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. – Sept. 14, 2023 – Epson today announced it is the winner of four coveted PRINTING United Alliance 2023 Pinnacle Awards, including a nine-year recognition streak for the SureColor® F-Series dye-sublimation printer. Recognizing products that improve or advance the printing industry with exceptional contributions in quality, capability and productivity, the Pinnacle Awards are the industry’s largest, most respected awards competition for print-related technology and products. The following Epson professional printing solutions were recipients and can be found online at the Pinnacle Product Awards Gallery and at Epson’s booth, C2847, at PRINTING United in Atlanta from Oct. 18-20.
- SureColor T7770D – Roll-to-Roll Aqueous (Under 80 inches)
- SureColor R5070 – Roll-to-Roll Solvent/Latex (Under 80 inches)
- SureColor F6470H – Roll-to-Roll Dye-Sublimation on Metal
- SureColor F10070 – Roll-to-Roll Dye Sublimation on Textile ($50 - $100k)
“It’s been a journey over the years working to manufacture and perfect these purpose-built solutions for our customers, and we are honored to continue to receive industry recognition, underscoring our commitment to this trade and our customers,” said Matt McCausland, group product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “All of our solutions are engineered with both the customer and industry trends in mind. We integrate features designed for versatility and reliability to ensure customers have high-quality, sellable output and an efficient workflow to drive success.”
Open to all PRINTING United Alliance supplier members, the Pinnacle Product Award competition evaluates products that will be available for sale in 2023. A highly qualified panel of judges across the printing industry evaluated the annual contest’s 160+ entries in more than 58 categories spanning analog, digital, output, and non-output technologies. Output devices are judged based on reports generated by measuring color charts and then comparing them to industry specifications.
“This is the only competition I know of that reports on the percentage of Adobe RGB a printer can hit,” said Dawn Nye, program manager for Pinnacle Awards, PRINTING United Alliance. “Some categories were decided by tenths of a point, so fierce was the competition this year.”
About the Epson Winning Products
- SureColor T7770D – Featuring a completely reimaged printer design, it touts a new automatic dual-roll capability and leverages 6-color UltraChrome® XD3 ink, with red ink, to produce vivid, graphic output. Designed to meet the needs of high-production providers, it features a compact footprint with front facing operation, and production workflow features include versatile media handling, a built-in take up reel, and easy automatic roll loading.
- SureColor R5070 – The 64-inch resin printer provides consistent, repeatable color on a variety of media including wallpapers, fabrics, uncoated papers, and traditional signage at remarkable speeds. It offers immediate lamination and high-scratch resistance with low ink costs, including 1.5 liter ink capacity coupled with production features such as three-heater system, 4.3-inch touchscreen control panel and replaceable fabric wiper system designed to keep up with fast-paced print shops.
- SureColor F6470H – Winning for the second year, the high-performance 44-inch dye-sublimation printer produces high-quality images ideal for promotional products, apparel, home décor, soft signage, and more. Touting a 1.33-inch PrecisionCore® MicroTFP® printhead and an integrated ink pack system, it produces rich color saturation and contrast. It allows for multiple 6-color ink configurations – CMYK plus either Light Cyan/Light Magenta, Fluorescent Pink/Fluorescent Yellow, or Orange/Violet – to meet various color and branding needs.
- SureColor F10070 – Winning for the fourth year in a row, the 76-inch industrial-dye sublimation printer was designed to offer reliability, versatility and round-the-clock productivity at a low total cost of ownership. Featuring four 4.7-inch PrecisionCore printheads and a hot-swappable ink system, the printer delivers continuous roll-to-roll performance at production speeds up to 2,700 sq. ft/hr.1 An ideal solution for print shops looking to fulfill large orders, it consistently produces high-quality, bright textiles for fashion, sports apparel, home décor, soft signage, and more.
For additional information on Epson’s award-winning large format printers, visit www.proimaging.epson.com.
Epson is a global technology leader whose philosophy of efficient, compact and precise innovation enriches lives and helps create a better world. The company is focused on solving societal issues through innovations in home and office printing, commercial and industrial printing, manufacturing, visual and lifestyle. Epson’s goal is to become carbon negative and eliminate use of exhaustible underground resources such as oil and metal by 2050.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson Group generates annual sales of more than JPY 1 trillion. global.epson.com/
Epson America, Inc., based in Los Alamitos, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/epsonamerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
# # #
1 Actual print times will vary. Print speeds are based on the print engine speed only. Total throughput time for any print depends on various factors including workstation configuration, file size, print resolution, ink coverage and networking.
EPSON, SureColor, PrecisionCore, TFP, and UltraChrome are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2023 Epson America, Inc.